Medically Reviewed by Dr. Ritu Singh
Written by Amanda Richards
The everlasting benefits of receiving orthodontic treatment are plentiful. But how do you decide which road you want to travel once you decide to begin your orthodontic journey? It can be difficult to understand why you would choose a clear aligner option over traditional braces. We are so used to observing traditional braces in the media that we are rarely made aware of other options available to us. That’s where we come in.
Clear aligners/ Invisalign
- Invisalign brings the “invisible feel” to teeth!
- Invisalign sits comfortably on the patient’s teeth and eliminates concerns about wire pokes and/or cuts. Invisalign provides a smooth and natural feeling surface.
- Invisalign is preferred by most adult patients due to their professional, clear, mature look.
- Invisalign is intentionally designed with limited visibility in mind.
- Invisalign is much less noticeable than traditional braces as it is made of a transparent material.
- No need to be camera shy!
- Invisalign won’t obstruct the patient’s smile when pictures are taken and is barely noticeable.
- Invisalign requires immense responsibility.
- Invisalign trays require consistent, proper cleaning and care and are much easier to misplace.
- Invisalign trays need to be changed once per week, while traditional braces require an adjustment every 3-4 weeks.
- Traditional braces add creative flair to your treatment process.
- At every adjustment appointment, the patient may swap out their colored rubber bands for brand new ones.
- Traditional braces are better known for their quick results.
- Traditional braces use methodology that prioritizes the effectiveness of the treatment. The fact that you cannot remove or lose traditional braces means that the teeth are consistently on the move and working hard to get themselves into shape.
- Traditional braces are a safe and dependable option for all.
- From complicated cases to the mildest of ones, almost anyone that needs orthodontic care, including both adults and children, can receive the rewards that come with traditional braces.
- Traditional braces mean cutting out some of your favorite snacks.
- A list of foods will be explained to you by your orthodontist, who will highly recommend that you avoid consuming them while in treatment as they will damage the braces.
- Traditional braces are not as aesthetically pleasing as Invisalign.
- With traditional braces, metal can sometimes rub against the inside of the patient’s mouth, forming sores.
- If you have a sore that was caused by metal, you can cover it with orthodontic wax to avoid making the discomfort worsen.
Invisalign or braces, both options can get us great results at the end. If you are looking at getting a smile makeover contact our office Advanced Orthodontics at 734-397-6999 to schedule your complimentary consultation appointment. We are proudly serving the neighborhoods of Canton, Belleville, Plymouth, Ypsilanti, Dearborn Height, Romulus, Taylor, and Livonia.